Wednesday, September 05, 2007

He's Here!

And I missed the whole thing... DH had been getting his things ready to leave for work and saw this:



Yep, that would be the ass of my sparkly white ass.

OK, he isn't sparkly (I did not grab the glitter on the way out the door)--yet--he's a mudball; we got about an inch and a third of rain yesterday, mostly last night.

Here's Sombrea and son:



He doesn't seem to have figured where to get his next meal, so I may need to intervene. Right now, I have to get my own kid fed and situated safely so I can get a better handle on the next step. Yes, DH still had to go to work; I could have used another pair of hands, but I was not swift enough upon waking this morning to beg for help.

Here's a better view:



More news and pictures as I can get them... my son is being recalcitrant about these last few spoonfuls of yogurt.

ETA: His future owner, my good friend Phelan, has a poll going on her site to choose his full name; he'll be Firefly [something] of Browncoat Acres. Go here to vote!

8 comments:

Phelan said...

haha! I am speachless. well no not really since I am currently IMing you. but still. I love him! ~mushy adoptive parent here~

Marina said...

Isn't he the sweetest thing?

Phelan said...

yes, and I feel like such the dork for being so excited. but hell I am a dork!

Linda R. Moore said...

Hooray! Welcome, little white donkey! :)

Carl V. Anderson said...

Awwww...so very cute, in a donkeyish sort a way! ;)

crafty_mom said...

He's really adorable!

Karen said...

What a darling!! There is nothing so wonderful as a birth -- whether it's human or animal. He does look a bit out of sorts -- but I guess being born will do that to you! Hope he's doing well! and congrats!

Phelan said...

hey you! Without a mouse I can't get on yahoo. :( Hopefully I will talk to you soon.