Saturday, March 29, 2008

Friday's Feast (#185)

Appetizer: What does the color dark green make you think of?

Clear Lake, in California. Our family lived in a triple-wide right next to it for 3 years (2nd through 4th grades). This was during a bad drought, where we had water coming up over the lakewall the year before we moved into the “house proper” (we spent my 1st-grade year in the office building in front), and we were able to step off the pier into sludge by the time we moved away. One corner of our (rental) property actually had to be boarded off, as the ground gave away after the water had receded. Anyway, Clear Lake was a very dark green when viewed up close, apparently due to algae.

Soup: How many cousins do you have?

Assuming this means first cousins only, not cousins of parents nor children of cousins, I have 9: 2 girls and a boy (all older) via my mom’s sister, 2 boys (one older, the other younger) via my dad’s younger brother, and 3 girls and a boy (2 older, 2 younger) via my dad’s older brother. My father has two half-sisters, but I don’t know how many (if any) children they have.

Salad: On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how honest are you?

Close to a 7. There are some things that I absolutely have to take to my grave unspoken (dishonesty by omission). Other utterances I may be tempted to make do not need to be shared for the sake of politeness. There are also things that I may not mention because I truly believe that no one gives a rat’s patata about them.

Main Course: Name something that is truly free.

Oxygen/air. For now, thank goodness.

Dessert: Using the letters in the word SPRING, write a sentence.

Start playing regularly in night garden.

No comments: