Wednesday, March 28, 2007

I did it

I have 10+ pages of handwritten material for my DayDiary submission. I can't publish any of it until after the book comes out, and then only 500 words worth (assuming that any of it makes the cut). I will check in later to write about the writing, the day, and how I'm getting by with no sleep. That kid had better take a nap today so help me...

I told Steve last night that I might could be book-published next year. He was surpised and happy. I haven't slept since 6:57 yesterday morning. I have to walk away from the writing so I can breathe and figure out how to clean it up for submission. I have a lot of chronicle and only a little depth and humor. Did not get to bake bread last night, so must go fix big salad and coffee for husband, hope it gets him through the day.

4 comments:

Buffy said...

Sounds exciting. :)

Marina said...

It was an odd way to spend the day--I didn't want to do too much writing, because then I wouldn't have real material to submit. But I did have to sit down and record events just enough to keep the narrative going.

The submission is supposed to focus on my job as a farmwife, but since I had errands to run, I won't have much to include in terms of the animals or the garden.

Leslie said...

You say "I might could" too!

I get teased for saying that. I grew up in Georgia.

Marina said...

Leslie--I grew up in CA, but I've been in TX for nearly 11 years.

You might could say it's growing on me!

;)